- Plant Description - This native tree grows in moist to dry, loam soils, and full sun. It is drought tolerant, and produces a delicious edible nut. Grows to approximately 40' tall. Suitable for zones 4a-8.
- Pollination - Two or more trees are needed to produce nuts.
- Available Size - Bare root seedlings are approximately 12" to 18" tall.
Pick-Up Details -
- "Pick-up Late Autumn" - Seedlings must drop most of their leaves prior to transplanting. This is weather dependent. This is typically a Saturday in early November. You will be notified within one to two weeks before this pick-up date.
- Refer to Bare Root Tree Planting Instructions
Photo courtesy of Heather Schibli.