- Plant Description - This native tree grows in well-drained, drought-tolerant soil and full to part sun. Grows up to 70'. This tree produces delicious, edible nuts. These are bare root trees, to be planted while they are dormant in early spring. Suitable for zones 4b-8.
- Pollination - Two or more Carya spp. trees are needed to produce nuts.
- Available Size - 1 year old bare root seedlings are 6" to 1 ft tall. They put most of their energy into growing their tap root the first few years of their life.
Pick-Up Details -
- "Pick-up Late Autumn" - Seedlings must drop most of their leaves prior to transplanting. This is weather dependent. This is typically a Saturday in early November. You will be notified within one to two weeks before this pick-up date.
- Refer to Bare Root Tree Planting Instructions
Photo courtesy of Heather Schibli.